- Small group NZ tours – max 16 people
- All tours include transport, accommodation, breakfast + more
- 100% NZ Owned and Operated – travel with the locals
- Spontaneous exploration and heaps of secret stops
- Your choice of lots of optional add-on activities
Haka Tours Guides
21 Haka Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- TeresaEpic NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 26, 2016Such an amazing trip! First time going back to New Zealand since birth and my god it's a beautiful country. The trip was well planned and had so many great plac...Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks Teresa :), NZ and Haka hope to see you again.
- jenniferAmplified NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 9, 2016I would book with Haka Tours again. Our guide, Oli, was amazing. We had a little detour due to...Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks for supporting Haka and New Zealand through the earthquake, we look forward to seeing you again
- BreaEpic NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 24, 2016Great atmosphere, wonderful people, and an adventure of a lifetime. 10/10 recommend!Haka Tours commented on this reviewGreat Pics :) looks like you had a wonderful experience
- AniaNorth Island Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 20, 2016...ealand. My husband and I have never been on a bus tour like this, but Haka Tours far exceeded all of our expectations. It was a fantastic road tri...Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks Ania, for your kind words. We are so happy you had a wonderful time in New Zealand and we can't wait to show you more. :)
- AndréaAmplified NZ Tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 24, 2016Trip was absolutely amazing, couldn't have gone better!Haka Tours commented on this reviewThanks, we loved having you on tour too :)
- AnnaAmplified NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 29, 2016Had a brilliant time with Haka Tour ( 16 days)! Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful - so well ...Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks Anna, we loved having you on tour too. I have passed on your comments to Katie and Si . We can't wait to see you in NZ again :) - Cheers Haka Team
- HelenAmplified NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 9, 2016...little travel family by the end of the 16 day tour! I would recommend Haka To anyone, any age, BOOK IT NOW! You won't regret it!Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks so much Helen - it was an absolute pleasure having you on tour and getting to show you around NZ. Come back and see us again soon, maybe we can arrange you a meeting with Shawn the Prawn at the Huka Prawn Park! Cheers - Maz
Haka Tours Tours
About Haka Tours
Haka Tours videos
- 16 Day Amplified Tour of New Zealand
- Experience the very best of the North Island of NZ
- Haka Snow Tours: 7 Day South Island Snow Safari
- South Island Tour of New Zealand with Haka Tours
- 4 Day Snow Fix Guide
- Show more...
- NZ Heli Ski Tour
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
I’m travelling on my own – can I join one of your tours?
Yes! Around 70% of our guests are solo travellers and they have a great time, meeting a bunch of like-minded people that quickly become great friends.
Is there a single booking supplement?
No. We don’t have a single supplement - around 70% of our guests are single travellers.
Do I need to speak English in order to join one of your tours?
Haka Tours is 100% Kiwi therefore your guide will be English speaking. We have a number of nationalities on tour meaning the guides are used to tour members not being 100% fluent in English.
Some basic English helps so you can understand the guide’s commentary and instructions. By the time you leave the tour you will be speaking Kiwi English – sweet as bro!
What are the recommended ages?
We have guests that are in their late teens to their 70’s but the average ages is around 25-35. More important than age is attitude – we have found over the years that if you have a thirst for adventure then age is no barrier.
The minimum age of joining a tour is 18 years old. Sometimes the group may head out to a bar where everyone needs to be 18 years old, and New Zealand has strict alcohol policies.
How far in advance should I make a booking?
We recommend booking as soon as you know you can travel, and have decided on which tour you would like to go on. Some of our tours can be quite popular so it’s best to secure your spot as soon as possible.
Do I need travel insurance?
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance once you have booked your tour. It is best to book travel insurance in your home country.
What’s included in the price?
All our tours include the following * Transport * Passionate kiwi guide * Accommodation * Breakfast
Check each tour page as each tour has specific inclusions that are part of the price – a few examples are bone carving, a Hangi or ride on the famous Tranz Alpine Express train.