- Small group NZ tours – max 16 people
- All tours include transport, accommodation, breakfast + more
- 100% NZ Owned and Operated – travel with the locals
- Spontaneous exploration and heaps of secret stops
- Your choice of lots of optional add-on activities
Haka Tours Guides
28 Haka Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- CLChooiBay of Islands Winterless North Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on April 1, 2017I joined for the Bay of Islands tour. It is in a small group and Haka lodge in Bay of Islands is one of the nice and gorgeous place to stay. The tour guide will…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks Chooi greeat to hear you enjoyed your tour, the Bay of Island is a lovely spot to relax. Love the pics also :)
- ASAlessiaEpic NZ Tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 8, 2017…believable trip from start to finish! I'm so happy I chose to go with Haka Tours because they travel the way I like to travel; lots of stops and f…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewWOW Alessia, the photo of the Dolphins. It looks as though you made the most of your time in New Zealand. Burto has so many amazing little facts up his sleeve about NZ but it is also guests like you that makes a tour - great people, great times!
- TCTracyAmplified NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 2, 2017Amazing time travelling around NZ with Haka! Our tour guide, Andy (aka baby Jesus) kept us entertained and thought of all kinds of amazing adventures to take us…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewHey Andy, baby Jesus loves adventure that's for sure. Thanks for the review and thanks for being on tour with Haka. I will pass on your kind words to Baby J.
- ShalySouth Island Lick Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on February 28, 2017Grant was a great tour group leader. Very fun and helpful. He really wants each one to make the most of the holiday. The mix of people was also great and the na…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewHi Shaly, Grant certainly is one of the good guys, his passion for all things NZ is 10 to none! I am sure you have a new group of friends from all over the world to share your time in New Zealand with, maybe we will see you all for a reunion tour! ;)
- BMBalwantsinhBay of Islands Winterless North Tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 17, 2017The trip was excellent and fulfilled my expectation of a tour small enough to permit flexibility. The guide was very good. At one point we played with the rugb…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks Balwantsinh for the kind words and feedback. Our guides love getting out and about just as much as our guests (new friends), we hope to see you back on tour again one day soon!
- JKJimAmplified NZ Tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 3, 2017We had a wonderful 16 day tour with Si, Ricky, and Ruru, The small group tour was just right size. Si really built the group into a team of adventurers. Grea…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewHi Jim, the Haka gang say a big "Hi" and thank you for the awesome pic's. The Fish Hook represent strength, good luck and safe travel across water, may it bring you all those things and more :)
- NN_marinovic@hotmail.comQueenstown Snow Fix5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 21, 2017Had the most wonderful time with Haka Tours ! They are by far the best tour company I've ever travelled with.…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks you so much for the Haka love. We can't wait for the season to start up again, hopefully you can come over for round 2!!
- IIggyEpic NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 11, 2017If you wanna go crazey and be high on adrenalin, well NZ is the perfect spot. Mindblowing and breathtaking scenic views, amazing and kind people and a travel c…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks Iggy for the review and we will pass on you lovely comments to Daz. We love our Adrenalin activities here in NZ that's for sure and we hope you can get over again to try out some more. :)
- TGTeresaEpic NZ Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 26, 2016Such an amazing trip! First time going back to New Zealand since birth and my god it's a beautiful country. The trip was well planned and had so many great plac…Read moreHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks Teresa :), NZ and Haka hope to see you again.
Haka Tours Tours
- Amplified NZ Tour 16 daysStarts AucklandEnds Christchurch$1,988
- South Island Lick Tour 7 daysStarts ChristchurchEnds Christchurch$958
- Bay of Islands Winterless North Tour 3 daysStarts AucklandEnds Auckland$284
About Haka Tours
Haka Tours videos
- 16 Day Amplified Tour of New Zealand
- Experience the very best of the North Island of NZ
- Haka Snow Tours: 7 Day South Island Snow Safari
- South Island Tour of New Zealand with Haka Tours
- 4 Day Snow Fix Guide
- Show more...
- NZ Heli Ski Tour
- Visit New Zealand - Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime
- NZ Mountain Bike Tours
- The Ultimate New Zealand Road Trip with Haka Tours
Why Haka Tours
Travel with the Locals
We get it, after all, we’re Travellers ourselves
We don’t have Bus Drivers
Who travels with us?
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
I’m travelling on my own – can I join one of your tours?
Yes! Around 70% of our guests are solo travellers and they have a great time, meeting a bunch of like-minded people that quickly become great friends.
Is there a single booking supplement?
No. We don’t have a single supplement - around 70% of our guests are single travellers.
Do I need to speak English in order to join one of your tours?
Haka Tours is 100% Kiwi therefore your guide will be English speaking. We have a number of nationalities on tour meaning the guides are used to tour members not being 100% fluent in English.
Some basic English helps so you can understand the guide’s commentary and instructions. By the time you leave the tour you will be speaking Kiwi English – sweet as bro!
What are the recommended ages?
We have guests that are in their late teens to their 70’s but the average ages is around 25-35. More important than age is attitude – we have found over the years that if you have a thirst for adventure then age is no barrier.
The minimum age of joining a tour is 18 years old. Sometimes the group may head out to a bar where everyone needs to be 18 years old, and New Zealand has strict alcohol policies.
How far in advance should I make a booking?
We recommend booking as soon as you know you can travel, and have decided on which tour you would like to go on. Some of our tours can be quite popular so it’s best to secure your spot as soon as possible.
Do I need travel insurance?
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance once you have booked your tour. It is best to book travel insurance in your home country.
What’s included in the price?
All our tours include the following * Transport * Passionate kiwi guide * Accommodation * Breakfast
Check each tour page as each tour has specific inclusions that are part of the price – a few examples are bone carving, a Hangi or ride on the famous Tranz Alpine Express train.