- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Haggis Adventures Guides
251 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- PSPayalSkye High4.0 - GoodWritten on April 27, 2017Great Trip! Fab Guides!Amazing Hostel!
- FFabioSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 24, 2017Great tour! Absolute stunning sceneries and perfect organisation. My guide, Graham, was fun and made the trip perfect with his storytelling and his knowledge. M…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Fabio. Thank you for your fabulous review of the tour and our great guide Graham! You are welcome back anytime! Kind regards, Kirsty
- MPMoiraSkye High4.0 - GoodWritten on April 23, 2017I went on the Skye High Tour and had Jamie as our tour guide/bus operator. He was great fun and full of information and adventure, although everyone on the tou…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Moira. Thank you for the great feedback of the Skye High tour! I will pass on your kind comments to the lovely Jamie. Kind regards, Kirsty.
- WJWeiHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 23, 2017We went on the 5-day Highland Fling over the Easter weekend with Scot as our tour guide. It was a fantastic trip with Scot's entertaining stories and historical…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Wei Jean. Thank you for your great review of our 5 day Highland Fling tour! I am glad you enjoyed the tour and Scot's entertaining stories. We hope to see you back in Scotland again! Kind regards Kirsty
- VVinodSkye High3.5 - GoodWritten on April 20, 2017We had planned the Scotland trip for the Easter holiday weekend. Well, we were expecting to cover a number of tourist locations and scenic beauties, landscapes,…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Vinod. Thanks a lot for posting this review. I'll present your comments and feedback at our next Operations meeting to consider your points. Thanks for travelling with us. Kind regards. Serge
- SSandrineSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 20, 2017It was an unforgettable trip with one of the best guides named Jamie. The tour was awesome with a lot of beautiful places and great stories about Scotland. Our …Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Sandrine. Thank you very much for writing this review. "Unforgettable trip!!" Great!! That's what we want to hear. ANd it's great that you enjoyed our fabulous Jamie's guiding as well. Would do it again? Well, you are welcome back any time and when you join us on another great adventure we'll give you a nice discount :-) Kind regards. Serge
- JJoelHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 19, 2017…ten track which made the trip even better. Would definitely recommend HaggisRead moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Joel. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I'm really glad you had an amazing tour. Thanks for choosing to travel with us. Kind regards. Serge
- SASarahHighland Weekender4.0 - GoodWritten on April 19, 2017…eas we visited. I would highly recommend Gill as a tour guide and the Haggis adventures.Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Sarah, Thanks a lot for posting this review. I'm really happy to hear that you had a wonderful tour and that our great Gill took good care of you. Thanks for travelling with us. Kind regards. Serge
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Haggis Adventures Guides
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.