- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Haggis Adventures Guides
264 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- AAliceHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 22, 2017…e tour that much more valuable. I would 100% recommend this tour with Haggis Adventure to everyone !!Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I am glad you enjoyed the tour with Sandy. Scotland has a lot to offer and it is great you learned a lot through history stories. We hope to see you again in Scotland. All the best, Kim
- DMDonaldHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 18, 2017…dily accepted by our group of fellow travellers. We highly recommend Haggis Adventures to people wanting a small bus tour in Scotland. A wonder…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Donald, I'm so glad to hear you had a fantastic time with Jamie and all your fellow travellers! Thank you so much for a great review, hopefully we'll see you again on another trip! All the best, Trine
- AWAshleighHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 9, 2017The trip went above and beyond my expectations, Mahri was an amazing tour guide, fun and entertaining. She was full of knowledge and made everyone feel welcome.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Ashleigh, great to hear you enjoyed your time in the highlands with Mahri! I'll make sure to pass on your feedback. Best wishes, Annabelle
- JJung-An,Skye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 28, 2017…e would not have the chance to enjoy the paradise. Thank you so much, Haggis Advanture!Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, it's great to hear you had an amazing time on our Skye High tour with Yvonne! Thank you so much for the review, it means a lot to us. All the best, Trine
- SCSarahSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 17, 2017I have taken many tours in Scotland over the years and Haggis is by far one of the best! My guide this trip, was Duncan, who was in…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Sarah, Thank you for a great review, I'm very happy to hear you had an incredible tour with Duncan! Thanks for joining us! All the best, Trine
- NNastassjaSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 17, 2017I just returned from a 3 day Isle of Skye tour, what an amazing trip! We saw beautiful castles, waterfalls, the Fairy ponds and Historical sites! This trip is o…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Nastassja, Thank you very much for the review! I'm glad to hear you had a fantastic trip and that Duncan took such good care of you all. Thank you for travelling with us, hopefully we'll see you on another tour in the future! All the best, Trine
- OOnkiHighland Weekender3.0 - AverageWritten on May 15, 2017The impressive things is Highland cow, deers, Loch ness, and took cable in cold wind haha. Maybe next time can have some social events. While the dinner in hote…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Onki, Thanks for taking the time to review your trip! As meals are not included in our trips I'm afraid there's not much we can do about the prices for this. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of the trip! There are more opportunities for social events on our extended tours, hopefully we'll see you on one of these in the future! All the best, Trine
- AAnonymousSkye High3.5 - GoodWritten on May 14, 2017…If you're looking for a more social adventure, go ahead and book with Haggis! They try hard and have the right outlook. If you want to save some m…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thanks for taking the time to write this comprehensive review. You feedback is very useful and most valued since we can use this information when we meet to design tours, plan stays, source accommodation, etc. So thanks very much for all your views. I'm just delighted to know that you enjoyed the views and scenery and that Chris was as professional as usual and very resourceful in terms of stories and music. I'll pass on your comments to him though. Again, thanks a lot for your feedback and for travelling with us and I'm very sorry to hear that several aspects of the tour were not to your satisfaction. Kind regards, Serge
- HHannahHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 9, 2017This trip was awesome! Our guide Chris knew heaps of information and took us to the coolest sights hidden away down the beaten track. Accommodation was good, tr…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Hannah, Thank you very much for posting this review. It's great to know that our fabulous Chris took good care of you and shared some places reserved only for the privileged ones. I'll let him know about your comments. Thanks for choosing to travel with us and, of course, you are welcome back any time -just remember to claim your discount as a Haggis "graduate". Kind regards, Serge
- ZZhouSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 9, 2017Fantastic tour, the hostel is better than my imagine. Also thanks for our driver guide Rich, nice guy! Try to make everyone happy.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Zhou, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I'm really glad you had a fantastic tour and enjoyed Rich's guiding! Thanks for joining us. Kind regards, Serge
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.