- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
171 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- AlexandraSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 18, 2017Dave, Graham and Caitlyn were so helpful and knowledgable. They made the experience greatHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Alexandra, Thanks for taking the time to write this nice review. I'm really glad you had a great experience and enjoyed our team's guiding. Thanks for choosing to travel with us and you are always welcome back :-) Kind regards, Serge
- MetteHighland Weekender4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 13, 2017I loved the stories and that she had found music that suited. I liked her life into the trip and its stories.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello Mette thank you for the review and feedback about the Highland weekender with Kirsty hopefully with the experience you will come back again in the future. Thanks Grant
- AlexandruSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 12, 2017The tour with Haggis Adventures wasn't only fun and interactive but also engaged us into t...Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Alexandru for the amazing review!! Glad you enjoyed the tour with Lee and Graham will be sure to pass it on. Thanks Grant
- AlexandraSkye High4.0 - GoodWritten on March 4, 2017Had so much fun on the 3 Day Skye High Tour. Guide/Driver was totally amazing and kept everyone interested during the entire trip including the bus travel. We s...Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Alexandra for the amazing review!! Glad you enjoyed the tour with jamie will be sure to pass it on. Thanks Grant
- ConnorSkye High5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 8, 2017Oh boy!! This trip was simply fantastic! I had the time of my life despite the typical Scottish weather rolling in... The scenery was stunning as was the histor...Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Connor for you awesome review!! Glad you enjoyed the 3day tour with Jamie S will be sure to let him know. Cheers Chris P
- TiarnaHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on January 18, 2017...me in the bus overall. An amazing tour, I would be sure to do another Haggis adventures again in the future. Definitely recommend!!Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello Tiarna Thank you for the 5 star review and feed back about the Highland Fling. Duncan is amazing and really cares about showing scotland off. We hope you will come back again in the future and visit scotland again. Kind Regards Grant
- SatheeshSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on January 16, 2017Amazing trip and nicely organised by Haggis especially the driver cum guide Mr Steve. He was very friendly and po...Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Satheesh, Thanks a lot for writing this review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your Haggis tour and Steve's guiding. I'll let him know about your kind comments. Thanks for travelling with us. Kind regards, Serge
- AmélieHighland Fling4.0 - GoodWritten on January 16, 2017I just went on the 5 days Highland Fling tour and it was absolutely extraordinary! We were a small group and Duncan was our guide/driver. He was great, funny, h...Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Amelie, Wow! Best tour?! Wonderful!! That's what we want to hear. Thanks for taking the time to post this review and for choosing to travel with Haggis Adventures. All the best. Serge
- JenniferHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 16, 2017I just got back from my Highland Fling tour with Duncan! Traveling on my own, it's always a bit of a gamble on who is going to be on the tour, or how the tour g...Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jennie, Thanks a lot for your enthusiastic review. It's great to see that you had such a wonderful time and that Duncan took good care of you. I'll make sure to pass on your kind comments to him. Of course you are welcome back any time and when you join us on another Haggis Adventure just remember to claim your discount as an experienced Haggis traveller ;-) Kind regards, Serge
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Haggis Adventures Photos
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.