- Award winning tours of the Scottish Highlands
- Passionate, local Scottish guides
- Operating since 1993
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Haggis Adventures Guides
283 Haggis Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- AAAshlieHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 22, 2017…it was our first experience with hostels and bus tours and thankfully Haggis picked some great hostels to stay in and planned days packed with act…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Ashlie, thank you very much for leaving such a nice review. We are glad to hear that your expectations were exceeded! I will make sure your kind words are passed on to Calum. Best, Charline
- KBKiranSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 12, 2017Really great tour with Haggis Adventures, we saw lots of Scotland in three days and our driver and …Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kiran, Thank you for such an awesome review of our Skye High tour. All the best with your future travels! The Haggis Adventures Team.
- NLNathalieSkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 9, 2017Although the weather wasn't on our side, still had a great time. Our guide/driver Lee was fantastic! I really enjoyed all the stories and accents.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for such a wonderful review of our tour and our guide Lee! I'll be sure to pass your comments along to him. All the best! Jessica
- CKChulSkye High4.0 - GoodWritten on August 8, 2017Unexpected but impressed experiencs in view of my ageHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello Chul, thank you for your review! We are really happy to read that you have enjoyed the tour and that your expectations (and more) were met! All the best, Charline
- SSureshCompass Buster5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 8, 2017…days compass buster trip to Scotland. It's a life time experience the Haggisadventures team has given to all of us. The way they planned this trip…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Suresh, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. It seems like you had a very good time and we are glad to read every part of your comment. I am glad you enjoyed your time and we reached your expectation. Also, it is good that your drivers were good company. I definitely recommend you to not tick off Scotland from your bucket list and come back. you already have seen a lot of what Scotland has to offer but there is still so much to see. Many thanks, Kim
- SKSatwantSkye High3.5 - GoodWritten on August 8, 2017It was great experience. Our Guide Steve made it really an experiece for us.Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Satwant, I am glad to read you enjoyed your experience in Scotland and your tour guide Steve. Thank you for the very nice picture. Kind regards, Kim
- JCJulianHighland Fling4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 7, 2017Awesome guide and tour!Haggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Julian, Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed. Kind regards, Kim
- TTroySkye High4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 7, 2017Thanks to the lovely Caitlyn for her passion and enthusiasm for her heritage and her lovely home of bonnie Scotland. It was a privilege to be on her tour. We sa…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Troy, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us and for the very nice comment. I am glad you enjoy the tour with your driver guide Caitlin an we agree that Caitlin has a beautiful personality. Many thanks, Kim
- LLisaHighland Fling5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 4, 2017I did the Highland Fling and I would highly recommend it! We got to see so many amazing, beautiful places and our tour guide, Graham, made the trip that much be…Read moreHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Lisa, Thank you very much for your kind review and for recommending us! I'm delighted to hear that you had a great time on tour and I'm glad that you enjoyed guiding delivered by Graham. Hopefully you'll join us on tour again in the future. Cheers, Natalia
Haggis Adventures Tours
About Haggis Adventures
Haggis Adventures videos
- HAGGiS Adventures On Tour
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- HAGGiS Adventures wee Video
- HAGGiS Adventures & Trees for Life initiative
- Haggis Intro
- Show more...
Why Haggis Adventures
Tours By Travelers
Haggis Adventures Benefits
Expert Local Knowledge
Comfortable and Affordable
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Haggis Adventures Story & History
Haggis was formed back in 1993 by a team of Scots, who were looking to create a backpacker travel company like no other. They wanted to create fully guided trips that allowed young travelers to discover Scotland, with experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
They understand that traveling to a new country is made special by the culture, history, myths, and food that make that country special. By having a local guide bring these elements to life, Haggis has grown in size for more than two decades, to become the award winning tour company that they are today. Through word of mouth recommendations from one traveler to another, as well as the awards they have won, Haggis has built its well-known reputation over the years to form the tour company they are today.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Haggis offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Haggis leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Haggis does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel. Edinburgh Waverley and London Victoria train stations also have secure storage facilities.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure per day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time spent for exploration. Haggis will takes you on guided walks to explore castles, recount local myths, legends, a few tall tales and explain the regions' often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Haggis travellers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 17 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
Is it possible to be picked up or dropped off somewhere other than the Haggis office?
The pick up and drop off point is only the Haggis office. This ensures the day is not compromised by running around the city. Most hostels are walking distance to the office. Likewise, the bus and train station are a few minutes walk and the airport has frequent and cheap transport from the city centre.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Edinburgh: The Haggis office opens at 7.45AM. Please check individual itinerary pages for tour departure and return times.
London: The office opens at 7.00AM and tours depart at 7.15AM. Tours usually get back in to London at 6.30PM although this is dependent on traffic and weather.