Grand American Adventures
Headquarters in London
4.5/5 - Excellent
See all tours
- North America destination specialists
- Authentic small group experiences
- Highly experienced tour leaders and local specialist guides
- Special interest itineraries with no forced single supplements
47 Grand American Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
Looking for a specific tour?69 Grand American Adventures toursCheck it out
- HeleneCanyons And Indian Lands (hotel)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 25, 2016The tour was excellent, very well thought out itinerary, outstanding leader (Darin), the comfort of traveling in a small friendly group.
- OrlyCanadian Rockies Wilderness Walk2.0 - Rather poorWritten on August 27, 2016Hi, I'd like to warn you all of the travel agency "Grand American Adventures" and their trip titled "Canadian Rockies and Wilde...Read moreGrand American Adventures commented on this reviewHi Orly I’m very sorry to hear of your experiences on the Canadian Rockies Wilderness Walk tour, booked with Grand American Adventures. It is certainly unusual to hear these comments and not what we expect to hear from our customers returning from the road. While our walking tours are designed to get the best out of a destination, on two feet, it is disappointing to hear that this was not a great fit for you. We do have a formal complaints process, should you wish to discuss this further. Please feel free to email us directly if you haven’t done so already and we will be happy to look into the matter. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. All the best Sarah, Operations
- PhilipWestern Family Discovery2.0 - Rather poorWritten on August 14, 2015Be warned, the camping is very basic. Campsites were most often an hour or more outside of the national parks. WHY? All the parks had campsites in them and thi...Read moreGrand American Adventures commented on this reviewDear Philip, I am familiar with the background of your review as this has been well documented. Unfortunately Grand American Adventures have a very different version of the events. You have failed to mention issues which were discussed with you during your tour relating to your disregard for punctuality, local laws, bullying and general disruption to the tour. Similar feedback is echoed by your fellow travellers who have specifically mentioned you. There is some question as to why the family you mentioned left the tour early. Your tour leader has worked with Grand American Adventures for many years with on-going excellent customer feedback. It is clear from your post tour feedback that you had issues with your tour leader, exacerbated by your relaxed attitude to national park and American laws. Grand American Adventures have operated for many years and we are familiar with how to deliver a family tour. We utilise campgrounds with the most favourable facilities as opposed to some of the state run campsites which can be of a lesser standard. We aim to be as clear as possible in our brochure, website and pre-booking information as to the realities of the tour, but it does occur from time to time that customers arrive with incorrect expectations. Our tours are experiential holidays and need structure in order to run smoothly whilst also offering free time when required. Regards Grand American Adventures
Grand American Adventures Tours
North America49 tours
Latin America9 tours
About Grand American Adventures
Grand American operates adventure tours in North America, with more tours and styles of travel than any other tour company in the region. They offer comfortable camping and walking trips, as well as more ‘luxurious’ lodging tours, and either of these options are guaranteed to take you places most people only dream of finding. Grand American also have tours that explore Latin America in small groups, so you can enjoy the Grand American travel style no matter where you in the Americas you choose to go.
Grand American Adventures videos
- Main Page Video
- Grand American Adventure - Discovery
Why Grand American Adventures
North American Specialists
Grand American are specialists in North American tours, with extensive knowledge and experience, they have dedicated themselves to bringing you the best small group adventures available. Because of the size and diversity of the Americas, you will be able to see and experience things available no where else in the world; the breathtaking sights, local cultures and activities, and the native wildlife. These will become your memories of America that will last forever.
Exploration To Suit Everyone
The Grand American travel style is all about exploration; new places to see, new experiences, while still understanding that how you get there and where you rest is also important. With a variety of tour styles available for singles and couples, there is also a selection of fully accommodated and camping-based family-friendly 'Discovery' tours, put together with specific itineraries and activities for young and older travelers.
The tours have been formed specifically to maximise the experiences and time available in each spot you will visit. There will be plenty of time to see all the sights, as well as free time to go exploring or relax. The tours and itineraries have been designed so that active people of all ages can take part, and Grand American Adventures guarantees to show you the best of the USA, Canada & Alaska, Central and South America.
Grand American Benefits Adventures
Grand American offer more than 60 different itineraries through North Central, and South America, and because this is the only area they specialise in, it means that there is their itineraries have been specially chosen for these areas. These adventures will take you to places such as national parks, historical regions, cowboy ranches, the Canadian Rockies, and even rafting down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon.
Authentic Travel Experiences
All this choice, coupled with the authentic travel experience that Grand American provides, means that there is more than just visiting these places - it will really be getting out there and having a true adventure through the places you will be traveling.
The size of the groups is a maximum of 13 on most tours, meaning that there is more of an experience traveling with a small group of friends, as opposed to a large group. Amongst these travelers will be solo travelers, couples, and friends, that come from all across the world to explore the Americas, in a more intimate setting.
- SILVER - Best Holiday Company to Canada - SmallBritish Travel Awards 2016
- SILVER - Best Holiday Company for Customer Service - SmallBritish Travel Awards 2015
- WINNER - Best Escorted Adventure Holiday Company - SmallBritish Travel Awards 2014, 2015
- WINNER - Best Small Holiday Company Escorted ToursBritish Travel Awards 2013
- WINNER - Mexico's and Central America's Leading Tour OperatorWorld Travel Award 2012
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Compare Grand American Adventuresvs
Grand American Adventures vs Haggis Adventuresvs
Grand American Adventures vs Busaboutvs
Grand American Adventures vs Oasis Overlandvs
Grand American Adventures vs Topdeckvs
Grand American Adventures vs Intrepidvs
Grand American Adventures vs On The Go Toursvs
Grand American Adventures vs Trek Americavs
Grand American Adventures vs Acacia Adventure Holidaysvs
Grand American Adventures vs Shamrocker Adventuresvs
Grand American Adventures vs Contiki