- Most awarded operator on TourRadar
- Flexible Itineraries - Your trip your way
- Be a Traveler, Not a Tourist
- No Tips or Commissions accepted
Awards & Recognitions
Free & Easy Traveler Guides
2,929 Free & Easy Traveler Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Jeff10 days in Nicaragua - Livin' Tranquilo5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 20, 2017Lots of fun. Leaders went above and beyond expectations
- Eddie10 days in Nicaragua - Livin' Tranquilo4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 20, 2017Trip was what I expected. Probably enjoyed the fist 10 days more but these last 10 were great too!
- Jelena20 Days in Nicaragua - The Secret of Central America4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 20, 2017The trip had a lot more activites that I thought there would be, but plenty of down time if you wanted it. The leaders were awesome, and made the experience tha...Read more
- Jesse10 days in Nicaragua - Livin' Tranquilo5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 20, 2017Trip was more than expected. Amazing places, easy transportation, amazing people. The 3 leaders were awesome.
- Lance20 Days in Nicaragua - The Secret of Central America4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 20, 2017Free and easy actually gives you the time to properly experience and enjoy the places they travel. A nice change from the checklist style travel of other compan...Read more
- Karolina10 days in Nicaragua - Undiscovered Caribbean5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 11, 2017Mix of adventure with just the right amount of relaxation. Guides really care about your well being and make sure you have a blast
- Eddie10 days in Nicaragua - Undiscovered Caribbean4.0 - GoodWritten on February 11, 2017Free and Easy is a great travel company if you want to travel with like minded good people
Free & Easy Traveler Tours
About Free & Easy Traveler
Free & Easy Traveler videos
- Greece & Turkey: Free & Easy Traveler
- Thailand Trip: Free & Easy Traveler
- Indonesia: Free & Easy Traveler
- Main Page Video
- Greece and Turkey with Free & Easy
- Show more...
- Step Off the Beaten Path
- Traveling on Cloud 9
- Endless Summer Roadtrip
- LiveFree - THIS is Why We Travel
- The Ultimate Journey
- The Final Fiesta
- Wander The Incan World in Peru
- Sailing in Bocas Del Toro
- Free and Easy Intro
- Thailand: The Best Place to #LiveFree
- How to #LiveFree & Easy!
Why Free and Easy Traveler
Backpacker Style Relaxed Trips
Free and Easy Traveler Benefits
Travel With Friends
Travelers, Not Tourists
Like Minded Groups
Awards & Recognitions
Free & Easy Traveler Guides
- "When asked what travel is ... What we've all been so lucky to experience . What is travel?... It's everything...."
- "What can I tell you? I can't get enough of discovering new people, places and things.. but we all wouldn't..."
- "Well hello there! Ever heard the phrase "work to travel"? Well that's pretty much been my motto..."
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Free and Easy Traveler Story & History
Back in the year 2000, a young twenty year old named Curtis Smith founded Free & Easy as a way for him to continue his travels. As well as continuing his travels, he also wanted a way to assist others to experience the amazing world that he was experiencing.
Free and Easy pride themselves that they are more than just a travel company - they are a network of friends and family, that have come together through a communal love of travel. The company aims to to provide life changing experiences to all their travelers, who come from all over the world.
These days the company is made up of a combination of travel friends and work colleagues, and have maintained their ‘free and easy’ way of living, which can be seen across the whole company. Ultimately, Free and Easy is concerned with only making sure that people have the best time as they travel - to make sure each traveler is able to enjoy themselves and experience the world around them.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How much spending money is required for the trip?
The spending money depends on what country you are travelling to, and your personal spending habits - as a rough guideline, it is suggested to take approx $50 USD per day for trips to South East Asia, approx $90 USD day for Central America, Europe, and South Africa trips. This of course is depoendant on how much shopping, partying and how many activities you will do.
Is it possible for a certain group of people to travel together?
Multiple trips are run at many points throughout the yea and because of this, Free and Easy need to know which travelers you would like to be traveling with before trip reservations have been made. Make sure you mention on your online booking enquiry you would like to be placed in the same group as your friends so we can ensure you are placed together.
Who is the tour leader?
Each group will have two knowledgeable and outgoing Free and Easy group leaders responsible to show you the best experiences each particular country has to offer. These pairings are usually different from trip to trip as the team is continually changing and getting stronger.
What is the age group for travellers in the Free and Easy tours?
Most of the travellers are between the ages of 18 & 27.
Is travel insurance required on the tour?
All Free and Easy travellers absolutely need comprehensive travel insurance and a proof is needed that you have medical coverage before you are allowed to join your trip.
Is travel visa required?
Visa requirement varies depending on the tour - it is best to check with your local embassy for the requirements of your nationality. As a guideline, for Thailand tours, a traveller needs to get a 60 Day Thai tourist visa for the 40-day trip. In the Philippines the process of getting a visa extension is very simple and cheap. For Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Greece, Turkey, and Nicaragua trips, most travellers will be issued Visa’s upon arrival. For the Vietnam trip, the process is a bit different, travellers will have to apply online before the departure, print out the receipt, bring it and then the visa issued upon arrival. Again, it is best to check with your local embassy to make sure you have the right VISA information.
Is passport required for the tour?
Passports are required when joining a Free and Easy tour (With the exception of our Canadian Ski Trips). This is the most important document for travellers, it is suggested to have one that has at least 6 months validity left on it from the date of departure.
What are the things that I need to know if I join scuba diving during the trip?
Scuba-diving is an optional activity on many of the trips. However, this amazing experience does have specific medical requirements. Please contact us and we will be happy to provide you with additional information.
How many people usually joins the tour?
The number of travellers that join the tour ranges from (including leaders) 16-24 people per group, but the average group size is between 18-20 people per group.
What type of currency is primarily used in the Free and Easy tours?
There are banking machines in all the countries Free and Easy operate in, which will dispense the local currency. In all destinations, the local currency will be used. It is recommended to have at least one debit card and one credit card, just to be sure. It is also recommended for travellers to sign up for Online Banking before joining the tour, and let your bank know you will be going overseas.