DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co
- Passionate Service
- World-Class Guides
- Culinary Immersion
- Local Connection
7 DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- JWJohnCzech Republic and Austria Bike Tour3.0 - AverageWritten on June 18, 2016Took a tour of the Czech Republic and Austria. Most of the trip was in inexpensive Czech. Price exceeded $1500 a day for my wife and I. Great guides,and bikes. …Read more
- AnonymousTuscany Bike Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 8, 2014I loved my trip to Tuscany and cannot wait for my next trip.
- ACAvidTuscany Bike Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 22, 2014Such an amazing experience, great guides and even better food. The cycling was just incredible.
- ASA.Rioja Bike Tour1.0 - BadWritten on April 1, 2014Good food, poor cycling. The food and accommodation were very good, but the bicycles were very poorly maintained. I can excuse a blown inner tube, but chainring…Read more
- AnonymousSonoma 4-Day Bike Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 13, 2013All up AWESOME!
- AAnonymous5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 3, 2009Amazing Vacation in Tuscany - Excellent guides knowledgeable about local culture, food, wine and biking - Great route selections - scenic country roads wit…Read more
- AAnonymous4.0 - GoodWritten on October 19, 2009fantastic journey I had a wonderful experience.I felt safe, well taken care of, and both our guides were willing to go the extra mile to make everyone happ…Read more
- AAnonymous5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 6, 2009Best experience ever! We had the most fabulous time with Heather and Vincent and they were a great match: Heather is American and speaks French, Vincent is…Read more
DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co Tours
- Tuscany Bike Tour 6 daysStarts ChiusiEnds Florence$4,219
- Chile Lakes and Volcanoes Bike Tour 7 daysStarts TemucoEnds Puerto Montt$4,675
- Sonoma 4-Day Bike Tour 4 daysStarts San FranciscoEnds San Francisco$2,530
About DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co
DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co video
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How many people can I expect to be on my bike tour?
Experiencing authentic, local culture is not easy with 25 other lycra-clad cyclists in tow. This is why a DuVine group doesn’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure.
This perfect group size allows us to offer personalized service, and our guides are always two steps ahead, anticipating your needs before you’ve even realized them. Our guides will treat you like family, welcoming you to their region as humble hosts.
Most importantly, DuVine guides are the most spontaneous and flexible guides in the industry. Our distinctively small group sizes allow our guides the autonomy to cater to each guest’s interests, be flexible, and make unscheduled stops or detours if there’s something that shouldn’t be missed. They’re great listeners who really get to know each traveler so they can offer personalized, unforgettable experiences.
What is the terrain like on the DuVine bike trips?
Main roads are not in our vocabulary! We prefer to spend the day pedaling on vineyard paths, small well-paved village roads, and designated cycling routes selected for their scenic vistas and route variety.
Our carefully designed bike tours include routes at varying levels, equally suited to pro and occasional riders alike, and can always be adapted to your wants and needs. All tours are rated based on riding levels to give you an idea of the hills, difficulty and distance you may encounter.
What kinds of bikes and equipment are provided on my bicycle tour?
The latest model aluminum or carbon bikes are included. You can have your choice of a road or hybrid bike at no extra cost, and bikes come with standard pedals (with or with out straps). If you have clipless pedals, feel free to bring them and our guides can put them on for you. We offer both regular and gel bike seats, as well as gel seat covers that slide over the seat. But you can feel free to bring your own saddle too. We also provide helmets to all guests at no additional cost, but – as always – feel free to bring your own if you would like.
How can you accommodate children on a bike tour?
We encourage all families with children under the age of 17 to select a Family Bike Tour date.
Our Family Tour itineraries are specially developed with children in mind, yet offer exciting and challenging routes for adults as well. The day's options are designed with ease and flexibility so each member of the family will enjoy the perfect amount of activity. Tour coordinators will work with you and your family to select the date and destination that will meet your specific needs.
Should I purchase Travel Insurance for my bike tour?
DuVine strongly recommends purchasing Travel Insurance and is proud to offer coverage options with every bike tour reservation. If you have any inclination that your plans may change or the unexpected may happen, play it safe and purchase travel insurance. You will be glad you did!
How can you accommodate varying abilities and interests?
Our itineraries are built for diverse guests with diverse interests and cycling abilities.
Our carefully designed itineraries include a variety of biking routes at varying riding levels, equally suited to pro and occasional riders alike. For advanced cyclists there are extra miles/kilometers, hills and longer routes that you can add as an option. For guests who are less interested in cycling or who simply need a rest or a ride back to the hotel, all DuVine tours include full van support.
DuVine itineraries also include some variation of wine tastings, carefully curated cultural experiences, multisport adventures or even cooking classes. Everything we do is driven by a spirit of fun and adventure that permeates every trip, and we believe strongly in the tenets of DuVine Style: Live each day to its fullest, bike for the best experience, and never forget to stop and smell the flowers – or taste the wine!
Does DuVine offer self-guided bike tours?
Self-guided tours are available by request in certain destinations. However, DuVine specializes in guided bike tours because we believe in the invaluable services a guide provides – from offering an insider connection to a region to handling all the logistics so you can focus on enjoying your vacation. Our expertly trained tour guides bring the region to life and ensure you’re getting the most out of your vacation.
Will I have to carry my own luggage?
Service is top priority at DuVine so you will never have to worry about your bags while on tour. Your guides will take your luggage the moment they meet you and have it waiting for you in your hotel room. When changing hotels, simply leave your bag outside your room or in the lobby and it will be waiting for you again at your next hotel.
While your guides will handle luggage transfers, it is your responsibility to carry your daily essentials. Anything you may need during the day (coat, glasses, extra change of clothes) can either be kept in the support van or your handlebar bag (hybrid bikes only).
How should I train for my bike tour?
You’ll get the most enjoyment out of your bike tour if you are fit enough to enjoy the hills and turns that come your way. As a general rule, we recommend spending one to two hours of time on your bike at least a few times a week in the weeks leading up to your trip. Of course, the more time you can spend on your bike before the tour, the easier and more enjoyable your experience will be.
Your tour coordinator will provide you with more training specifics related to your tour once you have booked.
Do I need to be an avid cyclist to enjoy a bike tour?
Absolutely not. This is your vacation and it happens at your pace. DuVine bike tours are designed for cyclists of all abilities. While our support van allows you to ride as much or a little as you desire, we strongly suggest that you join a tour that matches your level of fitness.