40 Discovery Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- RaymondBerlin to Munich and Vienna Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on January 13, 2017Our tour was pretty good, we only had a couple of issues - the English speaking Tour Guide for the Market Waking to Tour in Munich did not turn up (money refun...Read moreDiscovery Adventures commented on this reviewDear Raymond! Thank you for a great review! Discovery Adventures Team
- BrookeBest of Italy Adventure Tour1.0 - BadWritten on November 26, 2016FALSE ADVERTISERS. Discovery Adventure claim in the included section of their tour that you see...Read moreDiscovery Adventures commented on this reviewDear Brooke, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear your disappointment! Firstly, you have travelled on another our tour - Rome to Venice Adventure Tour and your tour didn't include Colosseum and Roman Forum Guided Visit. Colosseum Tour is included in Best of Italy Adventure Tour which you are wrongly reviewing. You received comfortable 4 stars hotels with easy transport access to the city center which takes only 10 minutes and not 20km. Gondola tour is always a short trip and travellers pass through the main Venetian Island and Grand Canal depending on the season. We tried to help you and answered all the questions you had and hope that despite some inconveniences your enjoyed the tour. Best Regards, Discovery Adventures Team
- MichaelSydney to Great Barrier Reef Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 16, 2016Wonderful trip, beautiful scenery, excellent hotels and perfectly organised tour. Loved it!
- DellysRome to Milan Adventure Tour2.0 - Rather poorWritten on October 29, 2016This is not a tour, but simply an expensive way of getting reservations for hotels and rail bookings with a very basic tour in each city. You are on your own f...Read moreDiscovery Adventures commented on this reviewDear Dellys, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear you experiences some problems on the tour! As you have missed a sightseeing tour in Rome as you couldn't find the guide (although who was waiting for you at the meeting point), we nonetheless refunded you for the missed activity and you mentioned that the taxi expenses were covered. You received luxury hotels like Hilton and Sofitel which have their own transfers to the train stations and can be used to travel around the city which is convenient and free of charge. The tour is an independent adventure as written on our website meaning that you're travelling on your own without a group. The team sent you the documents 7 days prior the tour start date. We do appreciate your review and are always working on improving our tours to make them perfect for every customer. With best regards, Discovery Adventures Team.
- PeterRome to Naples and Amalfi Coast Adventure3.0 - AverageWritten on October 17, 2016Guides were good to very good. Hotels the same. Travel on public transit including lugging luggage up & down stairs & escalators is very difficult for seniors -...Read moreDiscovery Adventures commented on this reviewDear Peter, Thank you very much for your review. We understand that travelling with heavy luggage is not convenient, but you can find a taxi on every train station and this should not be a problem. We apologise for the last-minute cancellation of the Capri tour which was done due to the weather and sea conditions and provided you a full refund for the missed activity. Nevertheless, we hope you enjoyed the tour and will be happy to see you again. Kind regards, Discovery Adventures Team
Discovery Adventures Tours
About Discovery Adventures
Discovery Adventures videos
- New York City Tour
- Bali Adventure
- Discovery Adventures
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What does road trip adventure mean?
Road Trip Adventure is the most exiting journey, you will get a car (full insurance cover, of course) and drive along the most scenic routes in Europe or US, stay in design hotels and meet your local guides in each city along the way, there's lots of activities included and the routes are organized that way so you enjoy driving and won't get tired.
What is the age limit for this tour?
Participation in a Discovery Adventures Tours is eligible for 18 years old adult. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entire journey.
Is it possible to get a list of hostels or hotels for the tour?
A list of hotels are not available in advance, as these are still being confirmed by Discovery Adventures in the lead up to the trip departure. Nevertheless, the travelers can expect comfortable centrally located 3-5* star hotels from top hotel beaches like Hilton, Marriott, Novotel, Mercury, Ibis, Radisson, Best Western, Starwood hotels, etc.
What does traveling independent mean?
You will be traveling without tour groups and nerving tour leaders. A local English speaking guide will meet you at each city along the way, and we’ll take care of pesky stuff like transport, accommodation, city tours and other activities but the rest is up to you.
Is there an airport pick up for Discovery Adventures Tours?
There is no airport pick up for the Tours, unless it is stated in the itinerary.
Is a single supplement included on your tours?
For most of Discovery Adventures tours there is a single supplement available. The additional price is quoted in 'What's included' section.