Montenegro Tours & Trips
Whether you cruise along the Adriatic coastline into Montenego for just a day, or take a trekking tour for longer, this small European country offers spectacular scenery with its well preserved architecture and medieval cities. Explore the glacial lakes and ancient pine forests, hike through colourful alpine meadows and perhaps you’ll catch a glimpse of some of the wildlife.
6 trips through Montenegro with 1 review
"The tour was excellent value for money, well organised, fun, vibrant and..."
Full Length Tara Trip
"Before leaving for our holiday, we booked 2 nights stay at Tarasport camp,..."
8 day discovery tour through Herceg Novi, Kotor, Budva and 2 other destinations in Montenegro and 1 other destination in 1 other country
Montenegro Sailing - Dubrovnik to Dubrovnik
8 day sailing tour through Herceg Novi, Budva, Kotor and 1 other destination in Montenegro and 2 other destinations in 1 other country
Mountain Biking the Balkans
10 day bicycle tour through Herceg Novi, Tivat, Virpazar and 4 other destinations in Montenegro and 3 other destinations in 2 other countries
Mountain Biking Montenegro
8 day bicycle tour through Tivat, Budva, Sveti Stefan and 1 other destination in Montenegro and 1 other destination in 1 other country
- Explore the charming bars and the pretty promenade of Ulcinj which overlooks the Bay of Kotor.
- Wander through the charming towns of Budva and Kotor and marvel at medieval Venetian architecture and UNESCO listed heritage sites.
- Hike to your lodging near the stupendous Ostrog Monastery high up in the mountains, obscured by mist and clouds.
- Cycle along the coastline from Herceg Novi to Bay of Kotor, passing by pine scented mountain sides, rolling prairies and vistas of the azure Mediterranean Sea.
- Wander through the city of Cetinje, a former royal capital city, where life travels at its own sweet pace.
- Spot some delightful migratory birds in the sweet water wetlands of Skadar Lake.
- Have your fill of adventure, rafting down the Tara River in Europe’s deepest canyon.
- Have a fun outdoor picnic lunch with wine, fresh mussels and fish cooked to your liking as you spend your time swimming and sailing around the blue waters of Kotor.
- Remember, museums do not operate on Mondays and all banks are closed on public holidays.
- Some of the wines you could try include the robust red Vranac wine and the lovely white Krstac wine.
- Specialty foods such as smoked ham, dried figs and dried herbal teas are popular gifting options. Herceg Novi’s old town area is renowned for its art galleries and jewelry shops.
- Dancing by the sea, drinking and clubbing are the most popular activities at Budva and Kotor.
- Open air theater performances and concerts are popular during the summer months.
- Ride with caution along the sea coast since roads can be winding and narrow, often without guardrails.
- Look out for snakes as you go hiking up the Rocky Mountains to Olstrog Monastery.
- Fresh fish and other seafood delicacies are excellent and often accompanied by ‘blitva’ (chards and potato). Restaurants typically serve generous portions of food.