We are looking for a strong Data Scientist to join our team, someone who's determined to grow the TourRadar brand and likes working in a fast-paced environment, enjoys challenging work, relishes working independently.Most importantly you must love to travel!
This position will be responsible for driving the analytical agenda at TourRadar to help us grow even faster, smarter and stronger. Core responsibilities will include:
- Delivering insights from business analytics to inform strategic management decisions
- Using advanced machine learning approaches to improve the quality and relevance of the product and communication that we offer to our customers
At TourRadar, we are collecting large amounts of data, facing big strategic decisions and identifying significant opportunities as we grow. You will be expected to work efficiently on delivering start to finish analytical solutions, requiring you to; frame the problems, determine intended approach and quantitative methods, gather and restructure data, evaluate the analytical solutions to the problems, and deploy them.
You must be able to work independently and enjoy working in a team atmosphere. Self-motivation is an asset. You will need to be agile in your response to different business challenges and mature in your ability to prioritise them.
We are offering a full time position, with a salary to be negotiated based on your experience. Other benefits include team building activities, free laughs and finally being able to join a team of international enthusiastic people who love doing what they do (take care it is contagious).
- 2+ years prior working experience in an analytical role
- Experience with data visualisation and preparation of executive-ready reports
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and working with relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of Data Warehouse systems such as Redshift
- Hands on experience with R, Java, Scala or Python or similar
- Knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques (for example forecasting models, attribution models, regression and classification models)
- Familiarity with basic principles of distributed computing and/or distributed databases (Hadoop, NoSQL etc.)
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university, preferably in statistics, maths, computer science or related degree
Additional skills we’ll admire:
- Natural self-starter, able to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Extroverted, comfortable networking with partners to create beneficial business relationships
- Ability to think creatively and find solutions
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Problem solving and decision making capacities and with the ability to work independently
- Friendly, flexible and a sense of humour
- Crave challenges, a real self starter!
- Enthusiastic to learn
- Passion for the travel industry
Why Join Us?
We are offering a full-time position, with an annual salary starting from € 35.000 to be negotiated based on your experience. As part of the TourRadar team you will work in a highly motivated environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. You have a lot of freedom to contribute your own ideas and to implement them. The TourRadar team is young, works hard, enjoys an occasional drink after work and meeting up for a run, or taking a stroll through the vineyards, as well as many other activities.
We look forward to receiving your CV and application letter in English. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.