Germany and Switzerland Tours & Trips
Find the right tour for you that goes to Germany and Switzerland. With 41 tours to choose from, ranging in length from 4 days to 16 days. The most popular month to visit these countries is June, which has the most number of departures.
41 trips through Germany and Switzerland with 19 reviews
Romantic Rhine – Northbound
"We loved our Romantic Rhine cruise! The small ship experience is so much more..."
Romantic Rhine – Southbound
"The Avalon Waterways Cruise is simply stunning. Compared to other cruise ships..."
Bavaria Winter Discovery
7 day discovery tour through Munich, Linderhof, Ettal and 8 other destinations in 3 different countries
New Year's Eve Cruise on the Rhine
8 day river cruise tour through Cologne, Rudesheim, Mainz and 6 other destinations in 2 different countries
9 day coach/bus tour through Frankfurt-am-Main, Mainz, Rothenburg and 7 other destinations in 4 different countries
Rhine Holiday Markets - Cologne to Basel
8 day river cruise tour through Cologne, Koblenz, Rudesheim and 5 other destinations in 2 different countries
Rhine Holiday Markets - Basel to Cologne
8 day river cruise tour through Basel, Strasbourg, Heidelberg and 4 other destinations in 2 different countries
Alpine Christmas Markets
9 day european christmas markets tour through Munich, Chiemsee Lake, Salzburg and 6 other destinations in 4 different countries
Christmas Cruise on the Rhine
6 day river cruise tour through Basel, Speyer, Cologne, Strasbourg in 2 different countries
Alpine Railway Journey
10 day train & rail tour through Milan, Stresa, Lake Maggiore and 5 other destinations in 3 different countries
Romantic Rhine with Lucerne Extension – Northbound
10 day river cruise tour through Lucerne, Basel, Breisach am Rhein and 8 other destinations in 3 different countries
Christmastime in Alsace & Germany
"The cruise felt like a fairy-tale as we visited a few of the Christmas markets...."
Rhine Discovery & Prague - Prague to Basel
10 day river cruise tour through Prague, Nuremberg, Bamberg and 8 other destinations in 3 different countries
Vienna on the Danube to Basel on the Rhine
13 day river cruise tour through Vienna, Durnstein, Passau and 9 other destinations in 3 different countries
The Upper Rhine to the City of Music
12 day river cruise tour through Zurich, Basel, Strasbourg and 8 other destinations in 4 different countries
- Enjoy the sight of trees lit with decorations, follow the aromas of festive goodies and explore the warm glow of Christmas markets in Munich.
- Stroll around the extravagant rooms of the fairytale like Neuschwanstein Castle, nestling amidst dramatic alpine scenery.
- Experience the romance of the Rhine region as you cruise past vineyards, quaint villages and historic castles beside the flowing Rhine River.
- Revel in the medieval charms of Rothenburg as you wander around a maze of cobblestone streets in its historic Old Town.
- Be lulled by the gentle rhythms of a Swiss train as it winds through rolling hillsides, past waterfalls and charming towns of the Jungfrau region in Switzerland.
- Enjoy the sight of opulent buildings and medieval city walls amidst the pretty environs of Lucerne.
- Be mesmerized by the massive Matterhorn Mountain surrounded by snow clad peaks near Zermatt.
- Stop at a vineyard for a taste of delicious wine at the chocolate box town of Stein am Rhein.
- Store luggage at designated spaces on Swiss trains as spreading them out on adjacent seats could attract a fine.
- You can exchange your currency for Swiss francs or Euros at banks and all train stations in Switzerland.
- Review credit card receipts before discarding them as some Swiss establishments mention the credit card number on the receipt.
- If you are shopping on a budget in Switzerland, look for souvenirs such as Swiss Army knives, cowbells, and clothing with Edelweiss flower embroidery.
- Carry plenty of cash in Germany as many restaurants and stores do not accept credit cards.
- Avoid jay walking in Germany as you may incur a heavy fine for doing so.
- Shake hands while maintaining eye contact when you are introduced to someone in Germany.
- Practice a few German phrases such as ‘Guten morgen’ (Good Morning) and ‘Danke schoen’ (Thank you).
Germany and Switzerland Tours & Trips Reviews
"We loved our Romantic Rhine cruise! The small ship experience is so much more relaxing than a cruise ship. The crew took..."Romantic Rhine – Northbound
"The Avalon Waterways Cruise is simply stunning. Compared to other cruise ships that sail along with us, Avalon seems t..."Romantic Rhine – Southbound
"The cruise felt like a fairy-tale as we visited a few of the Christmas markets. The crew on the ship was friendly. The e..."Christmastime in Alsace & Germany