Bulgaria and Romania Tours & Trips
Find the right tour for you that goes to Bulgaria and Romania. With 9 tours to choose from, ranging in length from 8 days to 19 days. The most popular month to visit these countries is July, which has the most number of departures.
9 trips through Bulgaria and Romania with 2 reviews
Eastern Europe Express
"Had a wonderful trip. Highlights was the burgaria people. Home stay was great...."
Budapest to Sofia Adventure
10 day train & rail tour through Budapest, Sibiu, Sighisoara and 6 other destinations in 3 different countries
Budapest to Istanbul
13 day train & rail tour through Budapest, Sighisoara, Brasov and 6 other destinations in 4 different countries
Treasures of the Balkans & Transylvania
13 day coach/bus tour through Budapest, Novi Sad, Belgrade and 9 other destinations in 4 different countries
Eastern Europe Explorer
17 day in-depth cultural tour through Budapest, Eger, Maramures and 9 other destinations in 4 different countries
Budapest to Istanbul - 15 Days
15 day discovery tour through Budapest, Debrecen, Barsana and 13 other destinations in 4 different countries
Prague to Istanbul - 19 Days
19 day discovery tour through Prague, Vienna, Budapest and 14 other destinations in 6 different countries
Balkan Discovery with Extended Stay in Bucharest – Eastbound
12 day river cruise tour through Budapest, Mohacs, Pecs and 12 other destinations in 4 different countries
Central Europe : Along the river Danube, Budapest, the Balkan peninsula and the Danube delta (formula port/port, without transfer)
9 day river cruise tour through Budapest, Mohacs, Osijek and 14 other destinations in 5 different countries
- Savour the glories of ancient Roman architecture as you wander around Plovdiv’s Old Quarter.
- Admire exquisite frescos and explore spirituality in the marvelous Rila monastery, tucked away in a remote valley.
- Listen to intriguing tales of medieval valour in the timeless area of Veliko Tarnovo, nestling peacefully by the Yantra River.
- Enjoy hikes into mist-covered mountains and savour hearty Bulgarian cuisine at Gorno, right at the foothills of the Pirin Mountains.
- Wander around palaces, explore bustling art galleries and watch the world go by from quaint sidewalk cafes in Bucharest.
- Spend some time in the fabulously gothic Black Church and revel in the rich medieval atmosphere of Brasov.
- Discover monasteries steeped in religiosity and feel rejuvenated in the fairytale atmosphere of Sighisoara.
- Hear spine-tingling tales of Transylvanian legends at Bran Castle, home of the famous fictional vampire, Dracula.
- If you are visiting Transylvania, try the famous tipple ‘Palinka’ which is a brandy made from plums.
- It is acceptable to smoke in public places such as restaurants and cinemas in Bulgaria.
- Wear clothes that cover your elbows, shoulders and knees while visiting Rila Monastery in Bulgaria.
- If you want an evening of traditional food and dance in Bansko, go to local taverns called ‘Mehana’.
- Practice Romanian terms such as ‘Buna ziua’ (Hello), ‘Pardon’ (Sorry), and ‘Merci’ (Thank you).
- Sample Romanian staples such as ‘ciorba de perisoare’ (a soured soup filled with meatballs) and ‘Mamaliga’ (a type of polenta).
- Try Romanian spirits such as Tuica which is a plum brandy and Gluhwein (mulled wine).
- If you are in the mood to shop for antiques and artworks in Bucharest, head to a courtyard named Hanul cu Tei in the historic town centre.
Bulgaria and Romania Tours & Trips Reviews
"Had a wonderful trip. Highlights was the burgaria people. Home stay was great. Tour leader George avram was very helpful..."Eastern Europe Express