Balkans Tours & Trips
Discover a multitude of Balkans tours that will offer you unparalleled experiences and memories that will last a lifetime. Visit Croatia with its whimsical streets, or Greece - the land of Gods and mythology. Get our best tour packages and see for yourself this hidden, but magical part of Europe.
250+ trips through Balkans with 2,047 reviews
"I have not long finished the Balkan Kaleidoscope tour with penguin tours. I had..."
"This tour was so much fun. Carlos had some great suggestions for my travels..."
Balkans Encompassed (18 destinations)
"The thing I loved about this tour is that we were able to see so much in the..."
"Had an amazing time on the Balkan explorer trip back in September 2015 really..."
Greek Island Hopping
"I can't imagine a better way to travel the Greek Islands than with Nicole as..."
"Dinko, our guide, showed us an amazing adventure in the Balkans. This trip..."
The Great Eastern
"It was an awesome trip and Piotr was a massive part of that. A very fun guy to..."
Adriatic Adventure–Dubrovnik to Athens
"This trip was absolutely amazing! And it was all due to our amazing guide - he..."
Budapest & the Balkans
"I have lived in Europe and this area of the continent is just completely..."
Greek Island Flexi-Hopper
"I had a blast on the tour. The bars, clubs and activities that Stasi took us on..."
Bosnia & Beyond
11 day coach/bus tour through Dubrovnik, Kotor, Cetinje and 7 other destinations in 3 different countries
Best of Greece
"It's an awesome tour, ticks all the places I wanted to visit in Greece. Mykonos..."
12 Days in Greece
"Our tour to Greece was magnificent! In addition to spending time in Athens, we..."
Slovenia & Croatia
"This was a fabulous trip which was very well paced, it covered parts of Croatia..."
20 days in Greece - Beaches Beyond Beautiful
"The guides were..."
- Enjoy a memorable evening soaking up Belgrade’s electrifying, bohemian atmosphere in its many bars and clubs.
- Gaze at striking rows of elegant Ottoman houses which dot the hillside of Berat, Albania.
- Sit back and sip on a leisurely sundowner, as you witness a spectacular sunset over Santorini Island, in Greece.
- Explore the intoxicating smells and sounds of Turkish heritage, as you wander through the Old Bazaar of Skopje in Macedonia.
- Give your taste buds a treat, as you indulge in ocean fresh seafood in the bars and restaurants that line the boulevards of the sun kissed Budva town, in Montenegro.
- Sit in solitude or send out a prayer, while in the captivating Aleksandar Nevski Cathedral located in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Watch the romance of the waves, on an exciting cruise along the fairytale Lake Bled, in Slovenia.
- Relax on the deck of a sailboat, and revel in the sparkling island delights of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast.
- Autumn is a great season to travel to this region as the weather is milder, and you’ll get to enjoy beautiful fall foliage.
- Wear reef shoes to avoid injuring your feet, during walks along Croatia’s pebbled beaches.
- Don’t depend on credit cards; bring exchangeable US dollars and currency in Euros for transactions.
- For some local cuisine, try the mixed grill or Mješano meso, spit roasted lamb or pašticada (beef cooked in prunes and wine).
- Sip on some ‘Rakija’, which is a hard liquor well known to this area.
- On train journeys, you can keep track of your exact location by using your smart phone or just ask your guide.
- The Balkan people normally sound aggressive, but don’t be alarmed as it’s just their way of communicating.
- Be sensitive about topics such as ethnicities, as this region has only recently recovered from civil war and ethnic strife.
Balkans Tours & Trips Reviews
"I have not long finished the Balkan Kaleidoscope tour with penguin tours. I had a great time on our 2 week tour of the B..."Balkan Kaleidoscope
"This tour was so much fun. Carlos had some great suggestions for my travels after the tour ended...."Ultimate Balkan
"The thing I loved about this tour is that we were able to see so much in the time we had whilst always feeling pretty re..."Balkans Encompassed (18 destinations)
"Had an amazing time on the Balkan explorer trip back in September 2015 really enjoyed walking around the beautiful city ..."Balkan Explorer
"I can't imagine a better way to travel the Greek Islands than with Nicole as the trip manager. Her passion, knowledge an..."Greek Island Hopping
"Dinko, our guide, showed us an amazing adventure in the Balkans. This trip included a variety of interesting towns and ..."Balkan Adventure