Balkans Tours & Trips
Find the right tour for you going through the Balkans. With 459 trips visiting places such as Greece and Croatia, the tours range in length from 3 up to 54 days. The most popular time to visit the Balkans is June, which has the most number of tour departures.
250+ trips through Balkans with 1,925 reviews
"I was hugely impressed with the quality of this tour for a number of reasons...."
"The thing I loved about this tour is that we were able to see so much in the..."
"Had an amazing time on the Balkan explorer trip back in September 2015 really..."
Highlights of Albania
10 day coach/bus tour through Tirana, Pogradec, Voskopoje and 14 other destinations in Albania
Greek Island Hopping
"I can't imagine a better way to travel the Greek Islands than with Nicole as..."
Walking on the Greek Islands
"Excellent tour of Paros, Naxos, and Santorini. This eight day tour gives you a..."
Wild Mountains & Rivers Exploration
"As off the beaten track explorers our expectations were high and met, even..."
Best of South Dalmatia Sailing Adventure
"We have engaged Frontier Adriatic twice for sailing trips in Croatia. Both..."
Best of Central Dalmatia Sailing Adventure
"If you - during your search for an adventure - come across Frontier Adriatic,..."
Best of Greece Tour
"I had a great trip, everything was taken care of for me. The travel adviser was..."
Slovenia – Best Of Slovenia Cycling Tour
"What could be a better way to tour the country of Slovenia than by self-guided..."
"Dinko, our guide, showed us an amazing adventure in the Balkans. This trip..."
The Great Eastern
"It was an awesome trip and Piotr was a massive part of that. A very fun guy to..."
Adriatic Adventure–Dubrovnik to Athens
"This trip was absolutely amazing! And it was all due to our amazing guide - he..."
Budapest & the Balkans
"I have lived in Europe and this area of the continent is just completely..."
- Enjoy a memorable evening soaking up Belgrade’s electrifying, bohemian atmosphere in its many bars and clubs.
- Gaze at striking rows of elegant Ottoman houses which dot the hillside of Berat, Albania.
- Sit back and sip on a leisurely sundowner, as you witness a spectacular sunset over Santorini Island, in Greece.
- Explore the intoxicating smells and sounds of Turkish heritage, as you wander through the Old Bazaar of Skopje in Macedonia.
- Give your taste buds a treat, as you indulge in ocean fresh seafood in the bars and restaurants that line the boulevards of the sun kissed Budva town, in Montenegro.
- Sit in solitude or send out a prayer, while in the captivating Aleksandar Nevski Cathedral located in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Watch the romance of the waves, on an exciting cruise along the fairytale Lake Bled, in Slovenia.
- Relax on the deck of a sailboat, and revel in the sparkling island delights of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast.
- Autumn is a great season to travel to this region as the weather is milder, and you’ll get to enjoy beautiful fall foliage.
- Wear reef shoes to avoid injuring your feet, during walks along Croatia’s pebbled beaches.
- Don’t depend on credit cards; bring exchangeable US dollars and currency in Euros for transactions.
- For some local cuisine, try the mixed grill or Mješano meso, spit roasted lamb or pašticada (beef cooked in prunes and wine).
- Sip on some ‘Rakija’, which is a hard liquor well known to this area.
- On train journeys, you can keep track of your exact location by using your smart phone or just ask your guide.
- The Balkan people normally sound aggressive, but don’t be alarmed as it’s just their way of communicating.
- Be sensitive about topics such as ethnicities, as this region has only recently recovered from civil war and ethnic strife.
Balkans Tours & Trips Reviews
"I was hugely impressed with the quality of this tour for a number of reasons. Here are a few: 1. Great communication fro..."Balkan Kaleidoscope
"The thing I loved about this tour is that we were able to see so much in the time we had whilst always feeling pretty re..."Balkans Encompassed
"Had an amazing time on the Balkan explorer trip back in September 2015 really enjoyed walking around the beautiful city ..."Balkan Explorer
"I can't imagine a better way to travel the Greek Islands than with Nicole as the trip manager. Her passion, knowledge an..."Greek Island Hopping
"Excellent tour of Paros, Naxos, and Santorini. This eight day tour gives you a good flavor of not only a popular island,..."Walking on the Greek Islands
"As off the beaten track explorers our expectations were high and met, even exceeded in many areas! Danae and Stavros sp..."Wild Mountains & Rivers Exploration