Austria, Germany and Switzerland Tours & Trips
Find the right tour for you that goes to Austria, Germany and Switzerland. With 15 tours to choose from, ranging in length from 5 days to 16 days. The most popular month to visit these countries is June, which has the most number of departures.
15 trips through Austria, Germany and Switzerland
Vienna on the Danube to Basel on the Rhine
13 day river cruise tour through Vienna, Durnstein, Passau and 9 other destinations in 3 different countries
15 day discovery tour through Frankfurt-am-Main, Rothenburg, Munich and 12 other destinations in 4 different countries
The Upper Rhine to the City of Music
13 day river cruise tour through Zurich, Basel, Strasbourg and 8 other destinations in 4 different countries
Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria
12 day coach/bus tour through Munich, Salzburg, Durnstein and 8 other destinations in 3 different countries
Grand European Discovery - Vienna to Cologne
15 day river cruise tour through Vienna, Weissenkirchen, Melk and 15 other destinations in 4 different countries
Alpine Rhine Cycle
6 day bicycle tour through Chur, Disentis, Feldkirch, Rorschach, Constance in 3 different countries
Alpine Rhine to Basel
9 day bicycle tour through Chur, Feldkirch, St Gallen and 5 other destinations in 3 different countries
13 day discovery tour through Amsterdam, Cologne, Heidelberg and 11 other destinations in 6 different countries
Europe by Rail with the Glacier Express
13 day train & rail tour through London, Paris, Lausanne and 6 other destinations in 6 different countries
Lake Constance by Bike
5 day bicycle tour through Constance, Stein Am Rhine, Bregenz in 3 different countries
Highlights of Europe Brussels to Paris
15 day coach/bus tour through Brussels, Bonn, Boppard and 12 other destinations in 6 different countries
European Charm with London
15 day discovery tour through Amsterdam, Cologne, Heidelberg and 12 other destinations in 7 different countries
Grand Christmastime Cruise from Zurich to Vienna
16 day river cruise tour through Zurich, Basel, Breisach am Rhein and 14 other destinations in 3 different countries
Grand Christmastime Cruise from Vienna to Basel
16 day river cruise tour through Vienna, Krems an der Donau, Melk and 15 other destinations in 3 different countries
Alpine Christmas Markets
9 day european christmas markets tour through Munich, Chiemsee Lake, Salzburg and 6 other destinations in 4 different countries
- Get your fill of frothy beer and delicious Bavarian treats in Munich’s historic beer halls.
- Delve into the rich culture and heritage of quaint island villages as you pedal around the charming Lake Constance.
- Have fun sliding down tranquil hillsides blanketed with pure white snow during a visit to the remote Swiss mountain retreat of Lauterbrunnen.
- Catch a glimpse of the legendary Matterhorn Mountain on the horizon during an unforgettable train ride to Zermatt.
- Relax with a newspaper and watch the world go by in a cosy cafe by gorgeous Lake Geneva in Lausanne.
- Walk the gardens where the Von Trapp family crooned and danced in enchanting Salzburg.
- Stroll through the lavish apartments in gilded Hapsburg palaces and savour the lingering deliciousness of chocolate in Vienna’s romantic coffee houses.
- Step back into a medieval era of Gothic cathedrals and legendary Counts during a visit to Feldkirch.
- It’s a good practise to say ‘Guten Tag’ (Good Day) when you enter shops, banks and other establishments in Austria.
- If you wish to shop for souvenirs in Salzburg, head toward Getreidegasse Street in the Old Town area.
- You’ll be expected to share your table with other drinkers while visiting Munich’s beer halls or beer gardens.
- Avoid getting drunk on beer by spacing your drinks with juices in between.
- Some of the beers to try in Munich include the light Helles, wheat based Weissbier, and strong lagers such as Bockbier.
- Say ‘Gruezi’ for ‘Good day’, ‘Bitte’ for ‘Please’, and ‘Danke’ for ‘Thank you’ while travelling in Switzerland.
- If you order cheese fondue in Switzerland, stir the pot vigorously as soon as it arrives to avoid burning the cheese.
- If you want to stop while skiing on Swiss ski slopes, quickly move to the side in order to avoid a collision.