Absolute Africa Guides
107 Absolute Africa Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- LilyClimb Kilimanjaro (7 day Rongai Route)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 13, 2017I climbed Kilimanjaro with Absolute Africa and had the most amazing experience, from arrival at the air...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewHi Lily, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad to hear you had such a good time on your trek and will pass your comments onto the team :)
- BernadetteEast Africa Encounter3.0 - AverageWritten on February 4, 2017... not deter us from having a truely unique and wonderful experience as Absolute Africa had the route we were on very well worked out to make sure w...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your review Bernadette, its great to hear you had a fantastic time on the tour. We also appreciate your comments on the different aspects of the tour and the guide as we are always looking to improve our service and will surely take your comments into account :)
- BryceRainforests and Reefs4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 29, 2016Amazing trip!! It was my first time visiting Africa so was unsure what to expect with this type of tour. Big thanks to Manache (guide) and Steve (driver) for ke...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThanks so much for leaving your comments, Bryce, and so glad you enjoyed your time out in Africa. If you can get more time off work, we would be happy to welcome you back to see another part of Africa!
- LeanneMaasai and Migration4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 19, 2016The food, guide, campsites, tents, Serengeti experience, zanzibar beach & hotels.. Everything was really great. Would highly recommend for budget travellers!! Y...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you very much for your review Leanne! Its great to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the trip and hope to see you in Africa again in the future!
- CharlotteThe Southern Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 8, 2016This trip was incredible from start to finish. I was worried about travelling alone, however there were plenty of other people on the tour who were all lovely a...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your comments, Charlotte. It's great to hear that you have had such a fab time on your tour and made the most of being in this special continent :)
- NaomiThe Absolute Safari5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 5, 2016The whole trip was amazing! I did their longest tour the Absolute Safari from Kenya to Cape Town. You get really good value for money...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, Naomi. We are happy that you had such a good trip with us and got the most out of your time in Africa :)
- GaryNamibia Nomad4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 23, 2016Absolute Africa Southern and Eastern Africa Overland Camping 2 tours on 2 d...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you so much for your thorough review of your two tours, Gary. We are glad you enjoyed your time in Africa so much and look forward to welcoming you back if you want to fill in the section from Tanzania to Vic Falls in the future!
- niallSimba Sounds5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 22, 2016Just finished 26 day tour (Simba Sounds) with Absolute Africa. I'm in my fifties and my son is 18 and we both agree that t...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you so much for your great review Niall. We are happy to hear that both you and your son had such a good time and have passed on your comments to Derek and David. Do get back in touch if you are looking to get back to Africa in the future!
- JodieGorillas and Game Parks4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 28, 2016...e in the group creating lasting friendships! Thanks Derek, Angelo and Absolute Africa!Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThanks you for taking the time to leave a review, Jodie. We are very happy to hear you got so much out of your Gorillas and Game Parks tour and will of course pass on your comments to Derek and Angelo. We hope you will travel back Africa with us again some time!
- KahilNamibia Nomad4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 17, 2016My time travelling with Absolute Africa from Zimbabwe to Cape town was amazing. We drove down from Z...Read moreAbsolute Africa commented on this reviewThank you for your review, Kahil. We are glad you enjoyed your tour through Southern Africa so much and will pass your comments onto your crew. Please get in touch if you wish to explore East Africa in the future!
Absolute Africa Tours
About Absolute Africa
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is my departure guaranteed?
All our published departures are guaranteed and there is no minimum passenger number required in order for the tour to go ahead, so you can feel safe to go ahead with flight bookings and other travel arrangements when booking with us.
Can you help with travel and accommodation arrangements before and after the tour?
We can book airport transfers and accommodation for you both before and after the tour. This is booked in advance by us with trusted, reliable operators whom we regularly use and is then payable out in Africa direct to the local operator. There is no extra charge by booking through us, it just helps in making your trip planning easier!
When is the best time to go?
Any time of year you are guaranteed to have the time of your life travelling in Africa. However it is worth knowing what sort of weather to expect and what you are more likely to see at certain times of the year.
East Africa has two rainy seasons - long rains from mid March through to the end of May and a short rains in November/December characterised by brief showers. East Africa doesn't have a summer or winter. That being said, the hottest months in East Africa are from December to March. June to August can get cooler, particularly at altitude.
Zanzibar's weather is similar to the mainland. Water temperatures average around 27 degrees all year. For water clarity July through to November, and January to April are usually best. The western side of the island particularly is well protected, making diving enjoyable for most of the year.
Kilimanjaro creates its own weather. Mid January through to mid March can have superb conditions with little cloud prior to the arrival of the rains. From there there is an increased chance of rain, snow and a lot of cloud. From mid June the rains ease and visibility improves whilst it is very cold. Temperatures remain very cold through to the end of August. Temperatures improve again September to October and this is the driest time on the mountain, making for very good conditions trekking during this time. From mid October through to the end of December there can be rain, temperatures dropping on the mountain with the risk of snow from November onwards, through December.
The rains come during the hot summer months from November to March in much of southern Africa, often experienced as afternoon thunderstorms making for spectacular skies. Cape Town and the Western Cape have a separate pattern with winter rains from June to August, and the Eastern Cape and along the Garden route receive rains on a lot less predictable pattern.
Winter is from May to September. This is prime time for safaris with animals congregating around water holes, making them easier to spot as it is dry season.
Remember weather in Africa, as everywhere, can never be guaranteed. Each country and regions within countries has its own variables as well. The above is provided as a general guide. Note weather can always surprise so be prepared for anything!
Why choose Absolute Africa?
We offer a wealth of experience, having a long history of over 35 years operations on the Continent, with an office in both the UK and Africa. We also have our own workshop and fleet of 10 overland trucks in Arusha, Tanzania, and our knowledgeable, experienced staff and crew will support and back you up all the way. Focusing solely on Africa we are able to offer some original routes on what is a well-carved overland trail, and we are able to do so at very affordable prices.
Knowing you are travelling with a company that has a reliable overland fleet, plus the experience and knowledge-base to deliver all the great highlights - the wildlife, culture, landscapes and fun adventure activities that bring clients to Africa - is essential.
What are the trucks like?
Our trucks are specialised overland adventure trucks which are serviced and maintained in our own workshop in Arusha, Tanzania. They have all the essential features needed to maximise your viewing from the truck, as well as your comfort and security. Truck features include: forward facing coach seats with head rests and seat belts; large viewing spaces for unimpeded panoramic views from the side and front of the truck; an on-board fridge; resource library; personal lockup for your valuables, easily accessible under your seat; fire extinguisher & First Aid kit; and charge points, including UK power sockets to charge your camera and other electrical items, plus additional 12V sockets.
The trucks are also equipped with an all-weather awning, a kitchen area with gas cooker and BBQ grill, trestle tables, camping stools and outside lighting. There are lockers to store your main backpack, tents and the high-density roll mats we provide.
Do I need to get visas prior to going?
Most visas are easily obtained while on tour and are payable on the borders in USD cash, so it is not necessary to get them prior to your trip. This advice applies to most passports including Australians, New Zealanders, British, US, Canadian and most European passport holders.
Feel free to check with us if you are unsure about the visa requirements for your particular passport.